Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Favorites of mine who'll be at SPX

Local friends of ComicsDC include my co-author Matt Dembicki, Christiann "Sticky Comics" MacAuley, Steve "Hurricane" Conley (if his power comes on), Retrofit Comics, DC Conspiracy, Teresa Logan Roberts, G.E. Gallas, Vanessa Bettencourt, Gordon Harris, and Curls Studio's Carolyn Belefski and Joe Carabeo. I buy anything new they have as a matter of course (bitch at me if I've missed listing you; I'm doing this part from memory) and I believe ALL of them have new books.

Speaking of which, I've compiled this book:

Picture This Press publishes first title in the Richard Thompson Library


Picture This Press is proud to publish The Incomplete Art of Why Things Are, the first volume in its new series devoted to the work of artist Richard Thompson. The Richard Thompson Library will collect a variety of works produced by the prolific Thompson over the course of his career that have yet to be reprinted since their original publication.

Other emails I've gotten from people I admire include:
Rosarium Publishing:

Bizhan Khodabandeh and Whitney Taylor at Small Press Expo (SPX) in Bethesda, MD, in September 16-17th.


Kriota Willberg:

This year I will be selling mini comics and body science based images at the Small Press Expo in Bethesda Maryland (http://www.smallpressexpo.com). My debut comic for this event is called Stitchin' Time!, a ridiculous historical fiction based on factual medical history. For the first time ever, the Roman encyclopedist Celsus (25 BCE-50 CE) and the Greek surgeon Galen (129-200 CE) team up to to stitch a disemboweled gladiator back together. Hilarity ensues! My table number at SPX is H13A. If you are in the neighborhood, come on by!

Lucy Bellwood:

If you're in the DC area and want the support of a friendly face, I'll be tabling at the Small Press Expo next weekend in Bethesda, MD. Come find me at Table K9A, right next to the Cartozia Tales team. (Speaking of Cartozia, I'm selling off some rare original art I did for the series over in my online shop, if you're interested in that sort of thing.)

Drawn & Quarterly:

Catch D+Q at SPX at table #W1-4 this coming September 16th and 17th in North Bethesda! We will be accompanied by special guests Jillian Tamaki (Boundless) and Michael DeForge (Sticks Angelica, Folk Hero), all weekend, as well as R. Sikoryak (Terms and Conditions, The Unquotable Trump) on Saturday only.

Fantagraphics:

This year's guests include:
Gilbert Hernandez, Tommi Musturi, Emil Ferris, Charles Forsman, Eleanor Davis, Ann Telnaes, Ben Marra, Michel Fiffe, Noah Van Sciver, Simon Hanselmann, Katie Skelly, Sophie Goldstein, Graham Chaffee, Joseph Remnant, Mark Fertig, Dash Shaw, Liz Suburbia, and others!


No comments: